FIND OUT ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF SUSSEX
The University of Sussex is a leading research-intensive university near Brighton. We have both an international and local outlook, with staff and students from more than 100 countries and frequent engagement in community activities and services.
With the South Downs on our doorstep, we’re well-served by train, bus and road while cycling is also popular. We are nine minutes from Brighton, an hour from London and 30 minutes away from an international airport.
At the University of Sussex we are lucky to be part of a vibrant mix of communities and cultures, and we care about the role we play. By engaging with residents, businesses, charities and other local partners, we hope to make a positive difference to our local area.
BEGIN YOUR APPLICATION NOW!
The Next Intake Session Begins In September 2023.
Know More About University of Sussex
Rankings and Figures
Individual highlights of the REF 2014 results include:
– Sussex History was the highest rated History submission in the UK for the quality of its research outputs
– the Sussex English submission rose from 31st to 9th across the UK since the last research assessment exercise in 2008
– 84% of the University’s research impact in Psychology was rated as the top possible grade, 4*
– Sussex Geography had the most 4*-rated research impact of any Geography submission across the UK.
– The University of Sussex has 16,820 students (2017-18 full-time equivalent figures), of which around a quarter are postgraduates. 76% of our student population are UK or EU students and 24% are overseas students.
– In 2018/19 the University employed 3,925 staff, which is equivalent to 2,564 full time employees. This incorporated 1,803 staff in a Teaching or Teaching and Research role (equivalent to 1,032 full time employees). Other staff were employed in Research only or Professional Services positions (HESA 2018/19).