CANTERBURY CHRIST CHURCH UNIVERSITY - OUR STORY
Our story is one of transformation. We’ve always believed that education can transform lives and for 60 years we’ve been supporting people, from all backgrounds, to thrive and succeed.
We’re about creating opportunities and life chances: providing students with an education for life, where they can belong to a community that recognises individuality and potential. This commitment is recognised in our Silver Teaching Excellence Framework award.
We’ve been on an exciting journey. We started out in response to a national shortage of teachers for Church of England schools, with just 90 students. Now we’re a multi-campus major university with a diverse community of 17,000 staff and students, with networks across the world.
Throughout our history, we have been innovators. We’ve shaped our courses, research and partnerships around regional, national or international needs.
From teacher training in the early 1960s, adding professional health courses in the 80s, and now new creative arts, science, engineering, technology and medicine for future generations; our story is one of relevance, impact and progress.
BEGIN YOUR APPLICATION NOW!
The Next Intake Session Begins In September 2022.
Know More About Canterbury Christ Church University
Facts and Figures
– Top 10 for graduates in work, among large UK universities (Out of 102 Higher Education Institutions with 3000 or more graduates, HESA: Graduate Outcomes 2020)
– 65% Above the national average for graduates in highly skilled employment
– Top 30% for public and community engagement
– Top 10% for research partnerships
– In Environmental Impact, We recorded 54% reduction in scope 1 & 2 carbon emissions since 2010