FIND OUT ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF LEICESTER
At the heart of the UK, Leicester is a leading university committed to international excellence, world-changing research and high quality, inspirational teaching. Celebrating diversity among our staff and students; widening participation in higher education; engaging with local, national and international communities – all of these are part of what we do and who we are.
Founded in 1921 as a memorial to the Great War, the University of Leicester has a proud history of ambitious projects that lead to amazing discoveries. This is where genetic fingerprinting was invented in 1984 and home of the team who found King Richard III. In our second century, we will continue to aspire to be the very best in everything that we do.
We are striving to ensure that we are delivering the best experience to our students and providing an academic environment for world-changing research.
BEGIN YOUR APPLICATION NOW!
The Next Intake Session Begins In September 2020.
Know More About University of Leicester
Facts and Figures
– 27th-34th in the UK and 301st-400th in the world in the Shanghai Ranking
– 41st in the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020
– 44th in the Complete University Guide 2020
– 84th in the Guardian University Guide 2020
– Leicester was awarded Silver in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
– 76th in the Reuters Top 100 Most Innovative Universities in Europe
– Times Higher Education World University Rankings
Leicester is ranked 166th in the world and 24th in the UK. The Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings lists the best global universities based on core missions including teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook. In the first THE European Teaching Ranking, piloted this year, Leicester ranked in the 51-75 band. This puts Leicester in the 33-43 band for UK universities on teaching related metrics.