FIND OUT ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF HUDDERSFIELD
Whatever you aim to do in life, it pays to get a good education. And with high standards of teaching and learning and excellent facilities that’s exactly what our students can expect from the University of Huddersfield. Based right in the town centre and at the heart of the local community, we help thousands of people, from school leavers to those returning to education after a gap, achieve their goals each year.
The University is growing its reputation as a leader in the field of enterprise. In 2012 the University was awarded the prestigious Times Higher Education Entrepreneurial University of the Year and followed this up in 2013 when it was awarded a Queen’s Awards for Enterprise: International Trade. Professor Liz Towns-Andrews, Director of Research and Enterprise, also received an individual Queen’s Award for Enterprise Promotion.
We have helped a number of graduates to set up their own successful businesses and have a fantastic Enterprise Team who are here to help students get their business ideas off the ground. The Enterprise Hub, housed in the 3M Buckley Innovation Centre, is a great hub for students who wish to set up their own business and provides a great opportunity to network with other students and local businesses.
BEGIN YOUR APPLICATION NOW!
The Next Intake Session Begins In September 2020.
Know More About University of Huddersfield
Reputation and League Table Rankings
The University of Huddersfield is a growing centre of research and excellence and we always push the boundaries of knowledge.
– We are proud to have been recognised as a gold-rated university by the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
– We won the first Global Teaching Excellence Award recognising the University’s commitment to world-class teaching and its success in developing students as independent learners and critical thinkers (Higher Education Academy, 2017).
– Our academic staff are continually rated as providing high quality teaching in an exciting and stimulating environment. Infact, Huddersfield is first in England for professionally qualified teaching staff (HESA 2019).
– The UK’s leading university for the receipt of National Teaching Fellowships to mark Britain’s best lecturers in Higher Education for the past ten years.
– We’ve world-leading applied research groups in biomedical sciences, engineering and physical sciences, social sciences and arts and humanities.
– The University of Huddersfield became the Times Higher Education University of the Year in November 2013. Judges highlighted the University’s outstanding record for student satisfaction and employability with the University placed in the top ten in the country in both categories. We asked our staff and students why they thought the University of Huddersfield won the University of the Year award.