FIND OUT ABOUT CRANFIELD UNIVERSITY
Creating leaders in technology and management
Cranfield’s distinctive expertise is in our deep understanding of technology and management and how these work together to benefit the world.
Our education portfolio is renowned for its relevance to business and industry. We are the largest UK provider of master’s-level graduates in engineering and offer a flagship MBA, extensive world-class customised executive education and professional development programmes. Our work informs government policy and leads the way in producing cutting edge new technologies and products in partnership with industry.
The research and consultancy we carry out for industry, government and business provides our students with a real-world learning environment, allowing them to develop as professionals and then transfer their knowledge to the global economy. This has always been the ‘Cranfield way’ but it has never been more important than in today’s world.
Today’s Royal Holloway is formed from two colleges, founded by two social pioneers, Elizabeth Jesser Reid and Thomas Holloway. They were among the first places in Britain where women could access higher education.
Bedford College, in London, opened its doors in 1849, and Royal Holloway College’s stunning Founder’s Building was unveiled by Queen Victoria in 1886 – it’s still the focal point of the campus.
In 1900, the colleges became part of the University of London and in 1985 they merged to form what is now known as Royal Holloway.
BEGIN YOUR APPLICATION NOW!
The Next Intake Session Begins In September 2023.
Know More About Cranfield University
Facts and Figures
We are proud of our achievements – and especially those of our graduates. Some notable facts about Cranfield:
- – In 2018, 54% of our students were from the UK, 21% from EU countries and 25% from the rest of the world.
- – There is one member of academic staff to every seven students, one of the best ratios for any university in the UK.
- – Over half of all aerospace engineering master’s students in the UK study at Cranfield each year.
- – Half of our students are over 30 years of age.
- – In a typical year, our academics deliver courses in 45 countries outside the UK.
- – More than half of our students and learners study part-time.
- – Over 10,000 people come to Cranfield each year to benefit from our executive and professional development programmes.
- – We have 30 international alumni communities across the world, including Australia (which sponsors an annual MBA scholarship), China (Beijing and Shanghai), India and Switzerland (Zurich).