FIND OUT ABOUT BIRMINGHAM CITY UNIVERSITY
With around 24,000 students from 80 countries, Birmingham City University is a large and diverse place to study. We put students at the heart of everything we do, giving them the best opportunities for future success.
The University has an enviable reputation for providing quality, student-focused education in a professional and friendly environment.
Our superb courses, state-of-the-art facilities, first-rate staff, and focus on practical skills and professional relevance is producing some of the country’s most employable graduates.
BEGIN YOUR APPLICATION NOW!
The Next Intake Session Begins In September 2020.
Know More About Birmingham City University
Studying in Birmingham offers you the chance to live and work in the youngest major city in Europe with world-class restaurants, entertainment and shops. Birmingham is home to more than one million people from a range of different cultures and ethnic groups, 40 per cent of this population is 25 and younger.
Join us at Birmingham City University and you will be studying right in the heart of a forward-looking and vibrant city with plenty to see and do just a few minutes’ walk from the campus. Whether you’re moving to Birmingham or you’re a Brummie at heart, there’s so much to student life here to explore.
Facts and Figures: What You'll Find At The University
- – 7th in the UK for employability
- – 97% of Birmingham City University students are in employment or further study within six months of graduating, the seventh best in the UK.
- – Iconic brands Birds Custard, Cadbury Chocolate, Bournville Drinking Chocolate, HP Sauce and Typhoo Tea all started in Birmingham.
- – We’re the youngest city in Europe with almost 40 per cent of the population being made up of under 25’s.
- – We’re home to Europe’s largest urban park outside of a capital city, and with over 8,000 acres of parks and green space we’re one of the UK’s greenest cities.
- – You can get to 90 per cent of the UK from Birmingham in under four hours.
- – Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery has the world’s largest collection of Pre-Raphaelite paintings.
- – Birmingham was home to the great scientists and inventors Matthew Boulton, James Watt and William Murdoch, leading Birmingham to be the first manufacturing town in the world.
- – The anchor of the Titanic was made in the Black Country.